Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16-27

This will be the last post for this school year. The following are some important dates to remember.

Thursday, May 26

Field Day. We will spend most of the day outside (weather permitting). Please make sure your student has on sunscreen. They can wear a hat if they would like. We also need a few volunteers to rotate with our class to different stations. We could use one parent in the morning and one in the afternoon. I am not sure of the exact times yet. It is usually 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and then 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Email me if you are interesting in volunteering and if you prefer morning or afternoon. I will let you know the exact times.

Return the May reading calendar today and choose from the prize box.

Promotion cards and portfolios will come home today. If there is a chance that your student will be gone on the last two days of school, please let me know so I can get their portfolio ready to send home early.

Friday, May 27
We will be cleaning our room and doing some activities. We will be playing board games. If they would like, students may bring a board or card game to play in class. Simple, quick games are the easiest.  School will dismiss at 2:30.


It has been such a privilege to be your child’s teacher this year. They are a sweet bunch. I will really miss them.