Sunday, August 21, 2011

This Weeks News - August 22-26

We had a wonderful two days together last week. We enjoyed launching bottle rockets on Friday. What fun!!

One of the most important things to do to become a better reader is to read good-fit books. This week we will learn how to choose good-fit books by using the acronym I PICK.
  1. I choose a book.
  2. Purpose - Why do I want to read it?
  3. Interest - Does it interest me?
  4. Comprehend - Am I understanding what I am reading?
  5. Know - I know most of the words.

In math we will be doing some assessments to see what we learned in first grade. We will also be doing some graphing and patterning.

Look for a fun homework activity on Wednesday. We will be making a class book of monsters starring our classmates.

We will continue to work on routines and procedures to make our class run smoothly and provide a great learning environment.